Thursday, August 4, 2011

Sufjan Stevens- Celebrate Brooklyn! Concert in Prospect Park, Brooklyn


Image Via: newyork.metromix.com

Last night, August 3, 2011 my sister and I went to the Sufjan Stevens concert in Prospect Park, and it was possibly one of the best shows I have ever been to. It was his last show form his Age of Adz tour. I hadn't really listened to many of the songs off of that album because they were so different from his usual work, but I bought tickets for the show anyway. I definitely was not disappointed.

The entire show kind of reminded me of Mika, because it was so bright, colorful and upbeat. Even though it rained throughout basically the whole night it was definitely worth it. My favorite performances of the evening were Vesuvius, Impossible Soul and Chicago. I saw some people leaving early, which, in my opinion, was a mistake because he did an encore performance of Concerning the UFO Sighting Near Highland, That Dress Looks Nice on You and Chicago.

Impossible Soul is a twenty-five minute long song, which started out pretty mellow but picked up the pace towards the end and was one big dancing party made complete by neon lights and big clear balloons which bounced throughout the crowd (there's a video below). Chicago was the perfect song to close the show- everyone in the crowd went ballistic and started jumping up and down and singing along. Overall, I had an amazing time and can't wait to see Sufjan in concert again!

Here are some videos I took of the concert. Sorry if they are kind of shaky:



No comments:

Post a Comment